Available Floor Plans
The Fields at Indian Creek is a 55+ Active Adult Community in the Lehigh Valley.
Located primarily in Upper Milford Township, the community is within walking distance of Emmaus and its many conveniences. Featuring 218 single homes with luxury details and that signature Kay Builders CUSTOM-i-ZABLE capability over 3,500 customers have come to love, All this is just minutes away from major highways leading to wherever you’d like. Now is the time to get the home you have always wanted in the low-maintenance, convenient, bucolic setting of your dreams.
The name of this Upper Milford area originates from early inhabitants, the Lenape Tribe of the Delaware Nation. Next came Pennsylvania German settlers. Each possessed an appreciation for the land and a strong work ethic. The Indian mined jasper quarries of the pre-1700’s, the cultivated fertile farms, and the Stahl Pottery Works, started in the mid-1800’s, reflect these characteristics. Jasper Indian artifacts displayed at the township Historical Society and Stahl’s Pottery Preservation Society serve as fitting tributes to the past. These earlier inhabitants appreciated the area’s natural resources, abundant waterways, majestic views and prime location just as you can today.
The Fields at Indian Creek features a lush landscape with mature trees, majestic views, 39 acres of open space, preserved areas, and manmade trails for walking or biking plus a spacious activities clubhouse- where you can catch up with neighbors and meet new ones. When complete, benches and distance indicators will mark the trails satisfying both relaxation and fitness goals. Residents can also fly fish or enjoy the tranquil waters of Leibert Creek, which runs through the property. And for those who enjoy a challenging hike, the woodland trail in a small community just across the road, takes you to Camp Olympic Park.
The Amenities and The Culture
Now is the time to pick experiences to match your new lifestyle. Within the community you’ll find a resident swimming pool, pickle ball, bocce and clubhouse activities. You can take advantage of many art and performance centers nearby such as the Pennsylvania Shakespeare Festival at DeSales University. Take a class at the Baum Art School or audit classes at any of 5 renowned Lehigh Valley colleges/universities. Enjoy the revitalized center city of Allentown. Join the library. Learn more about the history of the area by joining one of two active Historical Societies in Upper Milford and Emmaus. Walk the trail that leads to local shops, grocery stores, a pharmacy, restaurants, and public transportation. There is much to explore. Lots to enjoy!
Parks and Recreation
Events such as: Professional bicycling venue, Coca Cola Park Triple-A baseball, farm team hockey at the PPL Center or a featured artist concert at the same venue offer reasonably priced entertainment. A variety of golf courses, Country Clubs and a major ski resort plus numerous municipal parks surround the area, providing for both active and passive recreation. Local community days at Jasper Park and The Stahl Pottery Works, sporting events at the nearby high school plus a myriad of holiday parades through the Triangle in Emmaus offer festivities perfect for adults and grandchildren alike.
In addition to Lock Ridge, the nearby Macungie and Kalmbach Memorial parks offer trails and playing fields while the Alburtis community pool provides loads of summertime activities. Area sports lovers enjoy watching professional bicycling at the Valley Preferred Cycling Center, the most active velodrome in the United States, minor league baseball at Coca-Cola Park, home of the Triple-A Lehigh Valley Iron Pigs and a Philadelphia affiliated minor league hockey team soon to be playing at an area under construction in Allentown.
218 efficiently designed homes feature highly desirable aging in place options plus useful, flexible interior and outside spaces where family and friends can gather. The homes you help design are big on amenities and customization capabilities, value-priced so that you can have what you want and still afford life’s little luxuries. Ranging in size from 1560 to 2979 sq. ft., the homes include masonry facades in a variety of pleasing colors, architectural shingles and 2 car garages. Standard interior elements include flex spaces, 2-3 bedrooms, gourmet kitchens, luxurious spa-styled master baths, privacy toilets (most models), spacious closets, tile floors, energy-efficient HVAC systems, and natural gas plus options such as double master suites and lofts.
Close to major arteries like Route 22 and 78, the Pennsylvania Turnpike, Route 309, and 222, the Fields at Indian Creek community is also just minutes by car to upscale shopping malls and centers, movie theaters and a new wave of high-end restaurants. You will find nationally recognized healthcare facilities, including St. Luke’s Hospital and the Lehigh Valley Hospital, a quick car ride away.
About Kay Builders
For 7-decades, Kay Builders Inc. has been an influential part of the Lehigh Valley homebuilding scene. In the early 1960’s the company quickly established a reputation for excellence as an innovative new home builder and has continued through three succeeding generations of satisfied Lehigh Valley homebuyers. With 30 communities to its credit, this award-winning builder is the choice of many who call the Lehigh Valley home. Now owned and operated by Rick Koze, this third-generation builder applies the same skills and principles that have made Kay Builders a home-building success. Rick grew up in the construction business, earned an economics degree from Yale University, and had a 16-year career in finance before taking the helm at Kay Builders in 2002. He brings with him the perspective of the contemporary homebuyer along with business experience and acumen. Selecting the best locations, designing homes to take advantage of the land’s natural terrain, and building quality, value-priced homes are the hallmarks of the Kay Builders team.
As a family-owned and operated business, Kay Builders eliminates costly managerial layers between builder and customer. We deliver a customized home with many included features while using materials and building methods that exceed industry standards—all with a lower cost structure. In conjunction with your community site manager, you receive personal assistance from experienced senior members of the Kay Builders Team.
If you are ready for less maintenance and a home you can customize in a tranquil environment just steps away from enriching activities come to The Fields at Indian Creek. Enjoy more leisure time in a community designed just for you. It’s your time.
- Clubhouse featuring a fully-equipped fitness center, pool, lounge areas, activity rooms, and a business center/library with internet access
- Nearby Emmaus High School offers a wide range of activities and adult evening classes
- Conveniently located near major medical facilities such as Lehigh Valley Cedar Crest Hospital and St. Luke's.
- Easy access to major highways
- Lots of shopping and restaurants nearby
- 39 acres of open space, preserved areas along Leibert's Creek and walking paths
- Climate Controlled for more comfortable and warmer living space above
- Easier on feet and back
- Frees up living space used for mechanicals and attic access
- Flexibility to install additional systems in crawl space vs. limitations with slab - HVAC, Electrical, Electronics, Plumbing, Hard Wired Security System
- Ease of access should repairs be necessary for any items above - no need to go through living space
- Reduce the probability of living space damage if repairs are needed such as leaks from the water heater, appliances, etc.
- Preferred by Professionals in this region
- Resale - In the local market crawl space is more appealing than slab Storage Accessible
- All Homes Hand Framed On-Site
- Genuine Painted Wood Trim
- 2x6 Exterior Walls; 16” on Center* • 3500 PSI Concrete Flat Work; 4000 PSI Walls*
• Full Poured Concrete Crawl Space with Bilco & Sump Pump
• Real Wood Interior Trim*
• Hand Built On Site*
• Steel I-Beam Construction
• Extra Strength Hand Framed 16” on Center 2x10 Floor System 3/4" Tongue & Groove Subfloor*
• GFI Electrical Outlets in all Baths, Kitchen, and Garage-Per Code
• 2 Exterior Weather Proof GFI Electrical Outlets
• Connectivity Wiring – CAT-6
• 2 Convenient Exterior Faucets
• Architectural Roof Shingles
• 10-Year QBW Warranty
- Poured Concrete Climate Controlled Crawl Space
- Wider Hallways and Doors
- Minimal Steps from Outside Entryways - Rampable
- Many Universal Design Features Included
- Covered Outside Entryway (per plan)
- 2-Car Garage with Opener and Keyless Entry
- Lever Style Door Handles
- Wood Sub Floor (Easier on Joints and Less Cold Transfer)
- Rocker Light Switches Throughout
- Large Shower with Seat (per plan)
- Extra Lighting Throughout
- Comfort Height Vanity in Bathrooms
- Comfort Height and Elongated Toilets Throughout
- Laundry Tub (per plan)
- Gas Hot Water Heater for Basement Floor Plans
- Electric Lo-Boy Water Heater with Booster Valve for Crawl Space Floor Plans
- Easy Access to Mechanicals for Maintenance
- • Natural Gas
• Insulation R-21 or R-49 in Most Ceilings
• 200 AMP Electric Service
• Single Hung Low-E Windows with Argon Gas
for Upgraded R & U Values
• Window Grids between Double Panes and Full Screens
• Moisture Barrier House Wrap
• LED Bulbs throughout
- • Masonry Facades
• Double 4” lap Vinyl Siding and Shutters
• Architectural Standing Seam Metal Roofs (per plan)
• Upgraded Landscape Package with Street Trees and Lighting
• Concrete Sidewalk from Driveway to Front Door
• Covered and Well Lit Entries per plan
• Therma-Tru Insulated Fiberglass Stainable Front Door Great Security/Lower Maintenance
- 9’ Ceilings on First Floor (per plan)
• Volume, Sloped, Vaulted, and Tray Ceilings (per plan)
• Tile Surrounds and Floors in all Full Baths
• LED Wafer Lights in Kitchen & 4 in Great Room
• Ceiling Fan Roughs in Master Bedroom & Bedroom #2
• Large Windows for Added Light and Grandeur (per plan)
• Crown Molding in Foyer, Owner's Bedroom, and Dining Room
• Distinctive Wood Railings (per plan)
• Upgraded Kohler (or equal) plumbing packages
• Oversized Mirror and Medicine Cabinets in Baths (per plan)
• Satin Nickel & ORB Door Lever Hardware
• Plush Wall-to-Wall Carpeting with padding
• Semi-Gloss White Painted Trim & Doors
• Telephone Jacks and Cable Outlets (6 total)
• Ceramic Tile Floors in Hall Baths & Laundry Room
• Engineered Hardwood in Kitchen, Foyer & Breakfast Nook (per plan)
• Choice of 2 Distinctive Lighting Packages
- Painted Kitchen Cabinets - Premier Series 42” Maple or Equal
* One-row pull-out tray Shelves (on base cabinets)
• Engineered Hardwood Floors
• Quartz Countertops
• Stainless Steel Appliances
• Appliances: Gas Range, Microwave Energy Efficient
• Dishwasher & Disposal Kohler or Equal Faucet
• Upgraded LED Wafer Light Package
• 1/2 Horsepower Garbage Disposal
• Water Line for Refrigerator Ice Maker
• Eat-In Kitchen or Breakfast Area
- • Adult Height Vanities & Elongated Toilet
• Oversized Shower, Tiled Walls & Glass Enclosure (per plan)
• Large Vanity Mirror with Side Medicine Cabinets (per plan)
• Privacy Water Closet (per plan)
• Double Vanity in Owner's Bath (per plan)
• Attractive Cultured Marble Vanity Top
• Dual Sinks in Owner Bath (per plan)
• Spacious Owner Bedroom with 1 or 2 Walk-In Closet
The Lehigh Valley is home to the cities of Allentown, Bethlehem, and Easton, and is what the Lehigh Valley Economic Development Corporations coins as “living life right”. Our many attractions, proximity to New York, Philadelphia and Washington, DC, events, historical sites, businesses, and excellent quality of life make the region a perfect place to live, work and prosper. This must be why so many people are declaring the Lehigh Valley their permanent address. Both long-time residents and recent newcomers from across the country are thrilled with the low cost of living in the Lehigh Valley when paired with the amenities available. When it comes to your home, the Lehigh Valley is unquestionably one of the finest places to build.
We are home to some of the nation’s top companies, including PPL Corp., Air Products and Chemicals, both of which are Fortune 500 companies, and Olympus Inc. Other large companies, such as Lutron Electronics Co. Inc., Mack Trucks, Inc., Crayola, and Just Born, Inc. also are headquartered in the Lehigh Valley. Additional firms such as Dun & Bradstreet Information Services, and Guinness Beverage Corporation have large divisions located locally. The many technical colleges and large technology employment base created by the groundbreaking research of long-time local inhabitant Bell Labs have created a unique technology base for an area the size of the Lehigh Valley.
With our growing local collection of technology, biotech, and pharmaceutical companies, the Lehigh Valley is unquestionably the right place to be when it comes to career growth. Recreational opportunities also abound – countless golf courses and country clubs, major department stores and malls, an active arts and culture arena, the Lehigh Valley Wine Trail, beautiful public parks, ski areas, and numerous events occur every day to keep residents busy!
For the outdoor enthusiast, to the north of Allentown lies the base of the scenic Blue Mountain’s ridge of the Appalachian Mountains and to the south, a small mountain ridge called South Mountain, separating Allentown from the Saucon Valley/Southern Lehigh suburbs. Hiking trails, bird watching, and biking opportunities abound in these mountains.
The Lehigh Valley Hospital & Health Network is considered one of the country’s finest regional hospitals, in fact U.S. News & World Report released is “America’s Best Hospitals” list for 2006, naming LVH among the top 50 hospitals nationwide for cancer care, digestive disorders, endocrinology, heart care and heart surgery, kidney disease, orthopedics, respiratory disorders and urology.
St. Luke’s has twice been chosen as one of the nation’s best hospitals, according to the 100 Top Hospitals: Benchmark for Success Study (1997, 2001). St. Luke’s is the only hospital in our region to have been included in this prestigious study. St. Luke’s Regional Heart Center was aldo ranked as one of the nation’s best heart hospitals in U.S. News & World Report’s annual America’s Best Hospitals issues in 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003 & 2004 and by the 100 Top Cardiovascular Hospitals: 1999 (two awards), 2001, 2002 & 2003 studies. In addition, St. Luke’s was honored in the 100 Top ICU Hospitals study (2000). St. Luke’s has been named one of the Best Places to work in PA (2003, 2004, 2005). With abundant indoor and outdoor recreational amenities, welcoming people, reasonably priced housing, urban style and countryside charm, the Lehigh Valley really is the perfect place to settle, live, play, work and grow.
Map & Directions
GPS Address: 4202 Indian Creek Road Emmaus, PA 18049
From I-78/309: Take exit 55 South (Rt. 29/Cedar Crest Blvd.). Continue 1.8 miles to traffic light at Lower Macungie Rd. Stay on Cedar Crest Blvd. for an additional 0.6 miles to quick right at either Indian Falls Rd. or Indian Creek Rd. Proceed approx. ¼ mile to site on left.Hamilton Blvd. at Trexlertown: Turn onto Lower Macungie Rd. Continue 2.2 miles to right at Brookside Rd. Proceed approx.1 mile to left at Sauerkraut Lane. Then 1.9 miles to left at Indian Creek Rd. Proceed approximately 1.8 miles to site on right.
Alternate: From Hamilton Blvd. Take Cedar Crest Blvd. Follow directions from I-78/309.From Emmaus at Cedar Crest Blvd.: Take Chestnut St/Rt. 29 S. Proceed 0.5 miles to right at Allen St. Continue 0.4 miles to right at Indian Creek Rd. Site on right
From Boyertown Area: Travel N. on Rt. 29/100. At split bear right onto Rt. 29. Continue approx. 2 miles to left at Allen St. Follow directions above