The Fields at Indian Creek3440 Gentlewind Way | Emmaus, PA 18049
- 1,359 - 2,979Sq Ft
Available Floor Plans
The Fields at Indian Creek is a 55+ Active Adult Community in the Lehigh Valley.
Kay Builders, a trusted, family-owned builder in the area for more than 50 years, proudly unveils its first active adult community, the Fields at Indian Creek. Having built 30 Lehigh Valley new home communities in the best locations, Kay Builders meticulously researched the region and chose this site—in a tree filled, natural setting with majestic views, where active adults can enjoy this new chapter in their lives.
Located primarily in Upper Milford Township, the community is within walking distance of Emmaus and its many conveniences. Featuring 218 single homes with luxury details and that signature Kay Builders CUSTOM-i-ZABLE capability over 3,500 customers have come to love, all this is just minutes away from major highways leading to wherever you’d like. Now is the timeto get the home you have always wanted in the low-maintenance, convenient, bucolic setting of your dreams.
The name of this Upper Milford area originates from early inhabitants, the Lenape Tribe of the Delaware Nation. Next came Pennsylvania German settlers. Each possessed an appreciation for the land and a strong work ethic. The Indian mined jasper quarries of the pre-1700’s, the cultivated fertile farms, and the Stahl Pottery Works, started in the mid-1800’s, reflect these characteristics. Jasper Indian artifacts displayed at the township historical society and the Stahl’s Pottery Preservation Society serve as fitting tributes to the past. These earlier inhabitants appreciated the area’s natural resources, abundant waterways, majestic views and prime location just as you can today.
The Fields at Indian Creek features a lush landscape with mature trees, majestic views, 39 acres of open space, preserved areas and manmade trails for walking or biking plus a spacious activities clubhouse- where you can catch up with neighbors and meet new ones. When complete, benches and distance indicators will mark the trails satisfying both relaxation and fitness goals. Residents can also fly fish or enjoy the tranquil waters of Leibert Creek, which runs through the property. And for those who enjoy a challenging hike, the woodland trail in a small community just across the road, takes you to Camp Olympic Park.
The Amenities and The Culture
Now is the time to pick experiences to match your new lifestyle. Within the community you’ll find a resident swimming pool, pickle ball, bocce and clubhouse activities. You can take advantage of many art and performance centers nearby such as the Pennsylvania Shakespeare Festival at DeSales University. Take a class at the Baum Art School or audit classes at any of 5 renowned Lehigh Valley colleges/universities. Enjoy the revitalized center city Allentown. Join the library. Learn more about the history of the area by joining one of two active Historical Societies in Upper Milford and Emmaus. Walk the trail that leads to local shops, grocery store, a pharmacy, restaurants and public transportation. There is much to explore. Lots to enjoy!
Parks and Recreation
Events such as: Professional bicycling venue, Coca Cola Park Triple-A baseball, farm team hockey at the PPL Center or a featured artist concert at the same venue offer reasonably priced entertainment. A variety of golf courses, Country Clubs and a major ski resort plus numerous municipal parks surround the area, providing for both active and passive recreation. Local community days at Jasper Park and The Stahl Pottery Works, sporting events at the nearby high school plus a myriad of holiday parades through the Triangle in Emmaus offer festivities perfect for adults and grandchildren alike.
In addition to Lock Ridge, the nearby Macungie and Kalmbach Memorial parks offer trails and playing fields while the Alburtis community pool provides loads of summer time activities. Area sports lovers enjoy watching professional bicycling at the Valley Preferred Cycling Center, the most active velodrome in the United States, minor league baseball at Coca Cola Park, home of the Triple A Lehigh Valley Iron Pigs and a Philadelphia affiliated minor league hockey team soon to be playing at an area under construction in Allentown.
218 efficiently designed homes feature highly desirable aging in place options plus useful, flexible interior and outside spaces where family and friends can gather. The homes you help design are big on amenities and customization capabilities, value priced so that you can have what you want and still afford life’s little luxuries. Ranging in size from 1493 to 3068 sq. ft., the homes include masonry facades in a variety of pleasing colors, architectural shingles and 2 car garages. Standard interior elements include flex spaces, 2-3 bedrooms, gourmet kitchens, luxurious spa styled master baths, privacy toilets (most models), spacious closets, tile floors, energy efficient HVAC systems and natural gas plus options such as double master suites and lofts.
Close to major arteries like Route 22 and 78, the Pennsylvania turnpike, Route 309, and 222, the Fields at Indian Creek community is also just minutes by car to upscale shopping malls and centers, movie theaters and a new wave of high-end restaurants. You will find nationally recognized health care facilities, including St. Luke’s Hospital and the Lehigh Valley Hospital, a quick car ride away.
About Kay Builders
For six decades, Kay Builders Inc. has been an influential part of the Lehigh Valley homebuilding scene. In the early 1960’s the company quickly established a reputation for excellence as an innovative new home builder and has continued through three succeeding generations of satisfied Lehigh Valley homebuyers. With 30 communities to its credit, this award-winning builder is the choice of many who call the Lehigh Valley home. Now owned and operated by Rick Koze, this third generation builder applies the same skills and principles that have made Kay Builders a home building success. Rick grew up in the construction business, earned an economics degree from Yale University and had a 16-year career in finance before taking the helm at Kay Builders in 2002. He brings with him the perspective of the contemporary homebuyer along with business experience and acumen. Selecting the best locations, designing homes to take advantage of the land’s natural terrain and building quality, value priced homes are the hallmark of the Kay Builders team.
As a family-owned and operated business, Kay Builders eliminates costly managerial layers between builder and customer. We deliver a customized home with many included features, while using materials and building methods that exceed industry standards—all with a lower cost structure. In conjunction with your community site manager, you receive personal assistance from experienced senior members of the Kay Builders Team.
If you are ready for less maintenance and a home you can customize in a tranquil environment just steps away from enriching activities come to The Fields at Indian Creek. Enjoy more leisure time in a community designed just for you. It’s your time.
- Clubhouse featuring a fully-equipped fitness center, pool, lounge areas, activity rooms, and a business center/library with internet access
- Nearby Emmaus High School offers a wide range of activities and adult evening classes
- Conveniently located near major medical facilities such as Lehigh Valley Cedar Crest Hospital and St. Luke's.
- Easy access to major highways
- Lots of shopping and restaurants nearby
- 39 acres of open space, preserved areas along Leibert's Creek and walking paths
- Climate Controlled for more comfortable and warmer living space above
- Easier on feet and back
- Frees up living space used for mechanicals and attic access
- Flexibility to install additional systems in crawl space vs. limitations with slab - HVAC, Electrical, Electronics, Plumbing, Hard Wired Security System
- Ease of access should repairs be necessary for any items above - no need to go through living space
- Reduce the probability of living space damage if repairs are needed such as leaks from the water heater, appliances, etc.
- Preferred by Professionals in this region
- Resale - In the local market crawl space is more appealing than slab Storage Accessible
- Less chance of insects, etc. entering the living space
- Optional finished attic and access - in certain model
- All Homes Hand Framed On-Site
- Genuine Painted Wood Trim
- Extra Windows for Abundant Natural Light
- 2" x 6" Exterior Framing, 16" On Center
- 2" x 1 O" Wood Floor System for Easy Customization, Maintenance, and Comfort
- More Masonry Included on Facades
- 30-Year Architectural Shingle Roofs
- GFI Outlets in All Baths, Kitchen & Garage
- 200 AMP Electrical Panel
- Hardwired Smoke/Carbon Monoxide Detectors with Battery Back-up
- 10 Year QBW Warranty
- Satin Nickel or Antique Bronze Hardware and Light Fixtures
- Higher Gauge Maintenance-free Upgraded Board and Batten Siding
- More Hard Surface Flooring Included
- Designer Windows for Superior Curb Appeal; Bronze Exterior & White Interior
- Integral Pane Windows with Screens
- Kohler Faucets Throughout
- Poured Concrete Climate Controlled Crawl Space
- Wider Hallways and Doors
- Minimal Steps from Outside Entryways - Rampable
- Many Universal Design Features Included
- Covered Outside Entryway (per plan)
- 2-Car Garage with Opener and Keyless Entry
- Lever Style Door Handles
- Wood Sub Floor (Easier on Joints and Less Cold Transfer)
- Rocker Light Switches Throughout
- Large Shower with Seat (per plan)
- Extra Lighting Throughout
- Raised Washer and Dryer Tiled Platform (per plan)
- Comfort Height Vanity in Bathrooms
- Comfort Height and Elongated Toilets Throughout
- Laundry Tub (per plan)
- Gas Hot Water Heater for Basement Floor Plans
- Electric Lo-Boy Water Heater with Booster Valve for Crawl Space Floor Plans
- Easy Access to Mechanicals for Maintenance
- Wood Sub Floor to Minimize Heat Loss
- Ridge Vent and Vented Soffit
- Insulated Garage Doors
- 2"x6" Exterior Walls
- 95% AFUE High Energy Efficiency Gas Heat with 13 SSEER Central Air
- Low E, Double Pane, Argon Gas Insulated Windows, Screens, and Integral Panes
- Rl9 Wall Insulation and R38 Ceiling Insulation
- Energy Saving Appliances and Mechanicals
- Fiberglass Front Door with Core Insulation
- Energy Sealing
- House Wrap
- Architectural Standing Seam Metal Roofs (per plan)
- Architectural 2-Car Insulated Garage Doors
- Significant Masonry Included
- Maintenance-free Board and Batten Vinyl Siding and Board and Batten Shutters
- Maintenance-free Soffit, Fascia, and Trim
- Upgraded Landscape Package
- Street Trees with Street Lighting
- 12'x12' Deck or Paver Patio (Per Plan)
- Varied Architectural Elements and Roof Lines
- Front Door Sidelights, Transoms, or 2-Story Windows (per plan)
- Underground Utilities with Natural Gas Heat
- Public Water and Sewer
- Two Exterior Weatherproof GFI Safety Outlets
- Garage and Patio Lighting
- Exterior Lights at Front Door, Garage and Patio Door
- First Floor Master Suite and Second Bedroom Down (per plan)
- Full Guest Bath on First Floor
- Volume Ceilings and/or 9' First Floor Ceilings, Grand Foyers
- Crown Moulding in Foyer, Master Bedroom and Dining Room
- Significant Storage Space
- Hinged Doors on Most Closets
- Vinyl Coated Wire Shelving
- Distinctive Wood Railings (per plan)
- Ceramic Tile in Wet Areas; Hardwood in Foyer, Kitchen and Breakfast Areas
- 12"x9" Tile Surrounds in all Full Baths, I2"xI2" Tile Floor
- Brushed Nickel or Antique Bronze Hardware and Light Fixtures
- Front Door DeadBolt
- Oversized Mirrors and Medicine Cabinets in Baths(per plan)
- 4 Recessed lights Included (Location Choice), 1 switchesVolume, Sloped, Vaulted, and Tray Ceilings (per plan)
- Upgraded Infrastructure Pre-wire Package Including:
- (3) Cat6 Locations
- (3) RG6 Quad Shield TV Locations
- (1) Wireless Access Point Location Wired & Installed
- (1) Wireless Access Point Location Wired
- (2) Keypad Prewires for Security Life Safety
- Gourmet Kitchens
- 42" Designer Cabinetry - many color and style choices
- Pullout Cabinet Trays in Lower Cabinets
- Standard Granite in Multiple Colors with Stainless Steel Under Mount Sink
- Spacious Eat-in or Breakfast Area (per plan)
- 1/2h Horsepower Garbage Disposal
- Ice Maker Water Line for Refrigerator
- Kohler Faucet with Pull Out Spray
- Stainless Gas Range with Self-Cleaning Oven
- Stainless Dishwasher
- Stainless Microwave
- Pantry or Pantry Cabinet (per plan)
- Large Walk-in Closets (per plan)
- Oversized Tile Shower with Seat (per plan)
- Private Water Closet (per plan)
- Framed Glass Enclosure on Shower
- Large Vanity Mirror with Side Medicine Cabinets (per plan)
- Double Vanity in Master Bath
- Vertical Spa (Handheld Shower Head and Lever Handle)
The Lehigh Valley – population more than 600,000, is home to the cities of Allentown, Bethlehem and Easton, and is what the Lehigh Valley Economic Development Corporations coins as “living life right”. Our many attractions, proximity to New York, Philadelphia and Washington, DC, events, historical sites, businesses and excellent quality of life make the region a perfect place to live, work and prosper. This must be why so many people are declaring the Lehigh Valley their permanent address. Both long-time residents and recent newcomers from across the country are thrilled with the low cost of living in the Lehigh Valley when paired with the amenities available. When it comes to your home, the Lehigh Valley is unquestionably one of the finest places to build.
Our region offers much more value than most other Northeastern areas with easy access to major cities, and you’ll find that your housing dollars buy you more in the Lehigh Valley. The unemployment rate in the Valley is also one of the lowest in the state and well below the national average, in part because we are home to some of the nation’s top companies, including PPL Corp., Air Products and Chemicals, both of which are Fortune 500 companies, and Olympus Inc. Other large companies, such as Agere Systems, Lutron Electronics Co. Inc., Mack Trucks, Inc., Day-Timers, Crayola, and Just Born, Inc. also are headquartered in the Lehigh Valley. Additional firms such as Dun & Bradstreet Information Services, Wachovia, Guinness Beverage Corporation and Kraft Foods have large divisions located locally. The many technical colleges and large technology employment base created by the groundbreaking research of long time local inhabitant Bell Labs have created a unique technology base for an area the size of the Lehigh Valley.
With our growing local collection of technology, biotech, and pharmaceutical companies, the Lehigh Valley is unquestionably the right place to be when it comes to career growth. Recreational opportunities also abound – countless golf courses and country clubs, major department stores and malls, an active arts and culture arena, the Lehigh Valley Wine Trail, beautiful public parks, ski areas, and numerous events occur every day to keep residents busy!
For the outdoor enthusiast, to the north of Allentown lies the base of the scenic Blue Mountain’s ridge of the Appalachian Mountains and to the south, a small mountain ridge called South Mountain, separating Allentown from the Saucon Valley/Southern Lehigh suburbs. Hiking trails, bird watching and biking opportunities abound in these mountains.
With an enrollment of more than 45,000 students in our eleven colleges and universities, and many first-rate public and private schools for students, the Lehigh Valley is at the pinnacle when it comes to learning. Parkland School District ranks almost 20% higher than much of the state in reading and math proficiency and East Penn Schools are in the same realm. Both consistently climb in ranking year after year, and are impressively, in the top 3% of school districts in the state! Our hospitals are among the best in the nation.
The Lehigh Valley Hospital & Health Network is considered one of the country’s finest regional hospitals, in fact U.S. News & World Report released is “America’s Best Hospitals” list for 2006, naming LVH among the top 50 hospitals nationwide for cancer care, digestive disorders, endocrinology, heart care and heart surgery, kidney disease, orthopedics, respiratory disorders and urology. In 2003, Lehigh Valley Hospitals’ three hospitals were honored to receive the prized National Quality Health Care award. St. Luke’s is nationally recognized for excellence.
St. Luke’s has twice been chosen as one of the nation’s best hospitals, according to the 100 Top Hospitals: Benchmark for Success Study (1997, 2001). St. Luke’s is the only hospital in our region to have been included in this prestigious study. St. Luke’s Regional Heart Center was aldo ranked as one of the nation’s best heart hospitals in U.S. News & World Report’s annual America’s Best Hospitals issues in 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003 & 2004 and by the 100 Top Cardiovascular Hospitals: 1999 (two awards), 2001, 2002 & 2003 studies. In addition, St. Luke’s was honored in the 100 Top ICU Hospitals study (2000). St. Luke’s has been named one of the Best Places to work in PA (2003, 2004, 2005). With abundant indoor and outdoor recreational amenities, welcoming people, reasonably priced housing, urban style and countryside charm, the Lehigh Valley really is the perfect place to settle, live, play, work and grow.
- UGI Gas: (800) 276-2722 www.ugi.com
- PP&L Electric: (800) 342-5775 www.pplresources.com
- RCN for Phone, Cable & Internet: (800) 746-4726 www.rcn.com/lehighvalley
- Service Electric for Phone, Cable & Internet: (610) 865-9100
- Lehigh County Water Authority for Water & Sewer: (610) 398-1444 www.lehighcountyauthority.org
- Rosemont College (610) 366-1963 www.rosemont.edu
- Penn State (610) 285-5000 www.lv.psu.edu
- Kutztown University of PA (610) 683-4000 www.kutztown.edu
- Cedar Crest College (610) 437-4471 www.cedarcrest.edu
- Lehigh University (484) 664-3100 www.lehigh.edu
- Muhlenberg College (610) 758-3000 www.muhlenberg.edu
- Lafayette College (610) 330-5000 www.lafayette.edu
- Moravian College (610) 861-1320 www.moravian.edu
- Desales University (610) 282-1100 www.desales.edu
- Swain School (610) 433-4542 www.swain.org
- Moravian Academy (610) 868-8571 www.moravian.k12.pa.us
- Dorney Park and Wildwater Kingdom (610) 395-3724 www.dorneypark.com
- Trexler-Lehigh County Game Preserve (610) 799-4171 www.gamepreserve.org
- Bob Rodale Cycling and Fitness Park (610) 820-3129 www.lvvelo.org
- Trexler Park (610) 437-7628 www.allentownpa.org/parks.htm
- The Rose Garden (610) 437-7628 www.allentownpa.org/parks.htm
- Baum Art School (610) 433-0032 www.baumschool.org
- Banana Factory (610) 332-1300 www.bananafactory.org
- Allentown Art Museum (610) 432-4333 www.allentownartmuseum.org
- South Mall (610) 791-0606 www.shopsouthmall.com
- Lehigh Valley Mall (610) 264-5511 www.lehighvalleymall.com
- Wegman’s Food Markets (610) 336-7900 www.wegmans.com
- The Promenade Shops at Saucon Valley (901) 818-2527 www.stanbery.com
- Walmart (610) 530-1400 www.wal-mart.com
- Emmaus Main Street Program (610) 965-6279 www.emmausmainstreet.com
Map & Directions
GPS Address: 4202 Indian Creek Road Emmaus, PA 18049
From I-78/309: Take exit 55 South (Rt. 29/Cedar Crest Blvd.). Continue 1.8 miles to traffic light at Lower Macungie Rd. Stay on Cedar Crest Blvd. for an additional 0.6 miles to quick right at either Indian Falls Rd. or Indian Creek Rd. Proceed approx. ¼ mile to site on left.Hamilton Blvd. at Trexlertown: Turn onto Lower Macungie Rd. Continue 2.2 miles to right at Brookside Rd. Proceed approx.1 mile to left at Sauerkraut Lane. Then 1.9 miles to left at Indian Creek Rd. Proceed approximately 1.8 miles to site on right.
Alternate: From Hamilton Blvd. Take Cedar Crest Blvd. Follow directions from I-78/309.From Emmaus at Cedar Crest Blvd.: Take Chestnut St/Rt. 29 S. Proceed 0.5 miles to right at Allen St. Continue 0.4 miles to right at Indian Creek Rd. Site on right
From Boyertown Area: Travel N. on Rt. 29/100. At split bear right onto Rt. 29. Continue approx. 2 miles to left at Allen St. Follow directions above