The Fields at Blue Barn Meadows1454 Tarpan Lane | South Whitehall, PA 18104
- 1,611 - 1,820Sq Ft
Available Floor Plans
For more than 60 years, Kay Builders has been the Lehigh Valley’s leading townhome builder and innovator. We brought the concept of suburban townhomes to the Lehigh Valley in the mid-1960s. Our reputation for craftsmanship and excellence in the specialty continued to grow through the 80′s and 90′s when Kay Builders led the evolution of townhomes to include garages, first-floor master suites, vaulted ceilings, lofts and salon baths. This evolution continues with our latest offering’s truly CUSTOM-i-ZABLE townhomes at affordable prices.
CUSTOM-i-ZABLE Townhomes and Single Family Homes with Unmatched Quality
Find your way to The Fields at Blue Barn Meadows and be sure to bring your dreams. This community features townhomes unlike any you’ve ever seen. That’s because our varied, original floor plans can be customized to suit your personal needs. You don’t have to modify your dreams to build with Kay Builders. Together, we will create your unique townhome and an eye-catching community – something special inside and out!
Convenient Living in a Welcoming Community The Best Location
The Fields at Blue Barn Meadows is indeed a picturesque place to call home. You’ll find peace and privacy in this community set on quiet streets with minimum traffic but yet near everything. The townhomes rest among rolling hills surrounded by tree lines, shared recreation areas, open space, and a tot lot!
You’ll enjoy living in a rural setting that’s right in the heart of things! The Fields at Blue Barn Meadows is nestled in a gentle valley but is still close to major roads (within 2 miles of Routes, 476, 78, 309 and 22). Nearby shopping centers and local attractions such as the Da Vinci Science Center, Allentown Rose Garden, Trexler Memorial Park, Dorney Park, The Rodale Aquatic Center, Lehigh Valley Velodrome, and Upper Macungie’s vast network of parks provide a variety of enjoyable activities just minutes from your front door.
Families are also impressed that The Fields at Blue Barn Meadows is in the Parkland School District (in the top 5% of school districts in the state) and close to Lehigh Valley Hospital (named among the nation’s best by U.S News & World Report).
Giving to Enhance Community Living
Born in the Lehigh Valley, Kay Builders has played a significant role in enhancing local facilities for many years. With roots in the community, being a model corporate citizen is important to us. When choosing a site, we work with local municipalities to help preserve open space, contribute to the area’s recreational value and improve township infrastructure. Here at The Fields at Blue Barn Meadows, we are dedicating 19 of the site’s 43 acres for open space and recreation area and we will spend over a million dollars in offsite road and utility improvements that will benefit the community at large.
- Parkland School District
- Recreation Space - Walking Areas & Tot Lot
- Public Water & Sewer
- Easy Access to Routes 22, 222, 309, 100 and the PA Turnpike
- Close to Parks, Major Shopping Centers, Golfing & Ski Resorts
- Underground Utilities
- Area Separation Walls for Added Fire Protection & Security
- Interior Fire Sprinkler System
- 1 and 2 Car Garages • Hand Built On Site*
- 2x6 Exterior Walls; 16” on Center*
- 3500 PSI Concrete Flat Work; 4000 PSI Walls*
- Full Poured Concrete Basement with Egress Window & Sump Pump
- Real Wood Interior Trim*
- Steel I-Beam Construction • Extra Strength Hand Framed 16” on Center 2x10 Floor System, 3/4" Tongue & Groove Subfloor*
- GFI Electrical Outlets in all Baths and Garage
- 2 Exterior Weather Proof GFI Electrical Outlets
- Upgraded Wiring – CAT-5
- 2 Convenient Exterior Faucets
- Architectural Roof Shingles
- Maintenance Free Soffit & Fascia
- 10 Year QBW Warranty
- Entire Home Ventilation Fan
- Predetermined Stone Front Façade
- Maintenance Free Vinyl Siding, Soffit/Fascia
- Decorative Garage Doors
- Fully-Seeded & Landscaped Lawns; Street Trees
- Therma-Tru Insulated Fiberglass Painted Front Door Great Security/Lower Maintenance
- Concrete Sidewalk from Driveway to Front Door
- 95.5% Fuel Efficient Natural Gas Furnace, 13-SEER A/C
- Special Insulation Package R-21 or R-49 in Most Ceilings
- 200 AMP Electric Service
- Low-E Argon Gas Windows for Upgraded R & U Values
- Window Grids between Double Panes with Full Screens
- Moisture Barrier House Wrap
- Volume Ceilings and/or 9’ Ceilings on First Floor (per plan)
- First or Second Floor Owner Suites (per plan)
- Distinctive Wood Railings (per plan)
- Real Wood Trim*
- Satin Nickel Doorknob Hardware
- Telephone Jacks and Cable Outlets (6 total)
- Laminate Floors in Kitchen, Foyer, Laundry, and Powder Room
- Storage Areas
- Choice of 2 Distinctive Lighting Packages
- Kitchen Cabinets - Premier Series 42” Maple or Equal
- Laminate Floors
- Granite Countertops
- Appliances: Gas Range, Microwave, Energy Efficient Dishwasher & Disposal
- Moen Faucet
- Ice Maker Line for Refrigerator
- Eat-In Kitchen or Breakfast Area
- Recessed light over kitchen sink
- Adult Height Vanities & Elongated Toilet
- Ceramic Tile in Owner Bath
- Privacy Water Closet (per plan)
- Attractive Cultured Marble Vanity Top
- Dual Sinks in Owner Bath (per plan)
- Spacious Owner Bedroom with 1 or 2 Walk-In Closets
- Ceramic Tile Shower Walls
- Plan Revisions and Expansions
- Brick Paver Patios
- Finished Basements
- Arsenic Free Pressure Treated Wood or Trex Decks
- PLUS MUCH MORE...
The Lehigh Valley – population more than 600,000, is home to the cities of Allentown, Bethlehem and Easton, and is what the Lehigh Valley Economic Development Corporations coins as “living life right”. Our many attractions, proximity to New York, Philadelphia and Washington, DC, events, historical sites, businesses and excellent quality of life make the region a perfect place to live, work and prosper. This must be why so many people are declaring the Lehigh Valley their permanent address. Both long-time residents and recent newcomers from across the country are thrilled with the low cost of living in the Lehigh Valley when paired with the amenities available. When it comes to your home, the Lehigh Valley is unquestionably one of the finest places to build.
Our region offers much more value than most other Northeastern areas with easy access to major cities, and you’ll find that your housing dollars buy you more in the Lehigh Valley. The unemployment rate in the Valley is also one of the lowest in the state and well below the national average, in part because we are home to some of the nation’s top companies, including PPL Corp., Air Products and Chemicals, both of which are Fortune 500 companies, and Olympus Inc. Other large companies, such as Agere Systems, Lutron Electronics Co. Inc., Mack Trucks, Inc., Day-Timers, Crayola, and Just Born, Inc. also are headquartered in the Lehigh Valley. Additional firms such as Dun & Bradstreet Information Services, Wachovia, Guinness Beverage Corporation and Kraft Foods have large divisions located locally. The many technical colleges and large technology employment base created by the groundbreaking research of long time local inhabitant Bell Labs have created a unique technology base for an area the size of the Lehigh Valley.
With our growing local collection of technology, biotech, and pharmaceutical companies, the Lehigh Valley is unquestionably the right place to be when it comes to career growth. Recreational opportunities also abound – countless golf courses and country clubs, major department stores and malls, an active arts and culture arena, the Lehigh Valley Wine Trail, beautiful public parks, ski areas, and numerous events occur every day to keep residents busy! For the outdoor enthusiast, to the north of Allentown lies the base of the scenic Blue Mountain’s ridge of the Appalachian Mountains and to the south, a small mountain ridge called South Mountain, separating Allentown from the Saucon Valley/Southern Lehigh suburbs. Hiking trails, bird watching and biking opportunities abound in these mountains.
With an enrollment of more than 45,000 students in our eleven colleges and universities, and many first-rate public and private schools for students, the Lehigh Valley is at the pinnacle when it comes to learning. Parkland School District ranks almost 20% higher than much of the state in reading and math proficiency and East Penn Schools are in the same realm. Both consistently climb in ranking year after year, and are impressively, in the top 3% of school districts in the state! Our hospitals are among the best in the nation.
The Lehigh Valley Hospital & Health Network is considered one of the country’s finest regional hospitals, in fact U.S. News & World Report released is “America’s Best Hospitals” list for 2006, naming LVH among the top 50 hospitals nationwide for cancer care, digestive disorders, endocrinology, heart care and heart surgery, kidney disease, orthopedics, respiratory disorders and urology. In 2003, Lehigh Valley Hospitals’ three hospitals were honored to receive the prized National Quality Health Care award. St. Luke’s is nationally recognized for excellence.
St. Luke’s has twice been chosen as one of the nation’s best hospitals, according to the 100 Top Hospitals: Benchmark for Success Study (1997, 2001). St. Luke’s is the only hospital in our region to have been included in this prestigious study. St. Luke’s Regional Heart Center was aldo ranked as one of the nation’s best heart hospitals in U.S. News & World Report’s annual America’s Best Hospitals issues in 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003 & 2004 and by the 100 Top Cardiovascular Hospitals: 1999 (two awards), 2001, 2002 & 2003 studies. In addition, St. Luke’s was honored in the 100 Top ICU Hospitals study (2000). St. Luke’s has been named one of the Best Places to work in PA (2003, 2004, 2005). With abundant indoor and outdoor recreational amenities, welcoming people, reasonably priced housing, urban style and countryside charm, the Lehigh Valley really is the perfect place to settle, live, play, work and grow.
- South Whitehall Township: (610)398-0401, www.southwhitehall.com
- Post Office: 1-(800)ASK-USPS, www.usps.com
- Morning Call Newspaper: (610)820-6601, www.mcall.com
- Lehigh Valley Economic Development Corp: (800) 581-7483, www.lehighvalley.org
- School Information & Comparisons: (877)776-6512, www.schoolmatters.com
Map & Directions
Sales Office Address: 1454 Tarpan Lane, Allentown, PA 18104
Latitude/Longitude Directional: 40.601994 -75.583517
Directions to The Fields at Blue Barn Meadows:
From Philadelphia and South: Rt. 476 N. (NE Ext) to Lehigh Valley exit. Keep Left at the fork, follow signs for US-22W/I-78W/Harrisburg and merge onto US-22W. Take the exit toward Kuhnsville. Merge onto Old U.S. 22/Tilghman Street. Turn right onto Blue Barn Road. Community will be 0.8 miles on RIGHT.
From Berks County and West: Take Rt. 222 N. toward Allentown. Keep Left to continue on Shantz Rd. Turn Left onto Ruppsville Rd. Slight Right onto Chapmans Rd. Turn Right onto Memorial Rd. Turn left onto Blue Barn Road. Community will be 0.8 miles on RIGHT.
From Allentown: Follow US-22 to Old U.S. 22/Tilghman Street in Upper Macungie. Take the exit toward Kuhnsville from US-22W. Merge onto Old U.S. 22/Tilghman Street. In 0.5 miles, turn right onto Blue Barn Road. Community will be 0.8 miles on RIGHT.
From Pottstown/Montgomery County: Take Rt. 100 North onto Rt. 222 Bypass N. At Krocks Rd. exit turn left. Continue to Right at Cetronia Rd. approx 1.5 mi to Left at Werley Rd. In 1.1 miles turn Left onto Tilghman Street. Turn right onto Blue Barn Road. Community will be 0.8 miles on RIGHT.
From New Jersey and East: Take Rt. 78 W./Rt. 309 N. to the Tilghman St. W. Exit. L at Hausman/Cetronia Rd. (Josh Early), R onto Werley Rd. In 1.1 miles turn Left onto Tilghman Street. Turn right onto Blue Barn Road. Community will be 0.8 miles on RIGHT.